Why create a blog? Does the world need another blog? “I say who cares”; if it’s something you want to do, you want to put out there, then do it. Does the world need another book, another song, another shirt, painting, whatever… You do it for you. And who knows maybe you will end up doing it better than the other 90% or maybe you won’t or maybe you will find something else. Maybe you will find a way to change someone’s life or just relieve boredom or make just yourself happy. It doesn’t matter..if you think you want to try then just do it and to hell with those that say, “does the world need another”. Does the world need another negative comment?
I’ve been thinking about starting this blog for a while but some of the above thoughts/perceptions held me back. It is scary to put yourself out there. So, I thought I would share with you some of my “whys”:
- I feel that I need a creative outlet and something to focus on that is new and will expand my skill set. I like to learn new things and this was a great way to force myself to actively learn something new.
- I’m bored in my work life and not sure what direction to go. I’m interested in learning a bit more about graphic design/more creative outlets that I don’t get in my professional life. I hope that by exploring some new skills I might find a new direction.
- I touched on this one in “Life without Mile Markers”-I want to put a different perspective out there. I read a lot of mom blogs which I enjoy and get some great tips from but I don’t feel like there is that many that address the married (not planning on children) lifestyle.
- I want a place to document my life adventures with P. This blog forces me to use pictures I’ve taken and to document those adventures. A scrapbook is something I’m always saying I’ll start but it’s hard for me to be motivated to put it together. The blog provides me with accountability and drive to document what we are doing.
- I really do love to talking about food and travel (mostly in terms of what I ate). This provides me a place to get it out there. We pick up a ton of tips from the internet to help make our trips as great as possible. I want to share some of the great finds we have discovered.
- I hope to impact someone else in a positive way.
Thanks for stopping by and following me on my adventure. If you are interested in following me further, there are links to my Facebook and Pinterest profiles. You can also subscribe to receive new posts via email.