This week I have had two major firsts for me in the blogosphere. First, I participated in my first ever link-up hosted by the Nectar Collective and it was awesome. I loved getting to see all the participants’ projects and discovering some great new blogs. Second, Shannon over at Brass Honey (I’ve mentioned her before) nominated me for the Liebster Award! Shannon has been so supportive, encouraging, and inspiring as I stumble my way into blogging. I’m SO lucky to have come across her so early in my blogging journey.
Now about this Award:
The Liebster Award is a way for bloggers to recognize other bloggers with less than 200 followers and provides a great ice breaker by asking those nominated to share 11 random facts about themselves and then answer 11 questions provided by the blogger who nominated them. Those that accept the award pay-it-forward by nominating 11 bloggers to do the same.
So let’s get started:
11 Random Facts About Me
I’m a tea over coffee drinker (earl grey is my go to), I have a cup every morning
I worked in an independent coffee shop all through my undergrad (coffee is one of the few things that I actually enjoy more if I make it myself..I just need an industrial espresso machine)
I’m outdoorsy- I will go “camping” in a cabin with indoor plumbing
- I met Vince Vaughn on my 21st birthday and his entourage bought us a round of drinks
I have a MBA
I have never dyed my hair
I hate black licorice..it is one of the few foods I actually hate
I know more about beer than wine (and was into beer before meeting P)
I have a brother that is 2 years younger and is finishing a Mycology degree
I could care less about sports (unless there is betting involved)
I’m an ENTJ on Myers Briggs…the description of ENTJ pretty much says “you’re a bitch”
11 Questions from Shannon
1. What song from your high school days can you still recite every word to?
Achy-Breaky Heart..and I dislike country music (it came out prior to my HS years but this just sticks in my head and can not hear it without signing along)
2. Who is your favorite comedian or your favorite comedic movie/tv show?
Kathy Griffin, she also has/had a show (so do I get extra credit?)
3. What is your favorite blog post you have ever written? Give us a link!
Life without Mile Markers…it made me nervous to write but I felt like it expressed a lot about me.
4. What is a favorite post you have read this week? Give us a link to that one too!
“Blogging 101: Engage More” by Angel at Studio 404: this post came at exactly the right time and really gave the boost to stop over-thinking and just reach out. I have gotten so much from Angel’s Blogging 101 series.
5. What movie would you nominate for an Oscar this year?
I actually NEVER go to the movies..P and I have never been to a movie theater together. I like to wait for them to come out for rental ? (I can’t even say DVD..digital all the way baby)
6. What does winter look like in your neck of the woods?
It depends what day it is…last week the high was 20F on Tuesday and 67 F on Saturday.
7. What is your favorite Disney movie?
8. What was your least favorite subject in school?
Math..just not a fan…I like things that can have partial credit or you can talk your way through..math is too defined 🙂
9. What do you love about your current stage of life?
Tough one…everything! I am the happiest I’ve been in forever, I feel so settled and in such a good place (except my job).
10. Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner?
Can I say Brunch? I like options..brunch is perfect you can have breakfast or lunch items (and it comes with a side of cantaloupe)
11. What does your name mean? If you don’t know you can look it up here!
I was named for the song “They Call the Wind Maria”. There is a story there. However, according to the website it means bitter or sea of bitterness but the origins are Egyptian meaning “God is my teacher”
I’m still getting my feet wet with…well everything associated with blogging, so I don’t feel like I have made a ton of connections yet. I’ve been trying to focus on reaching out this month, but I still have a lot of work to do. Some of these blogs I have been following for a while and some I just recently (or very recently) discovered…it is surprising to see how many blogs have over 200 followers when you really pay attention 🙂 Also, if you have 200 followers and I nominate you, sorry that is a hard number to determine (I based it on bloglovin if not listed). I would be thrilled if you participated but completely understand if you choose not to!
- Miriam/Farm Girl
- Stacy/Likes to Smile
- Amanda/Embracing Adventure
- Alyson/Starting Over at Dirty 30
- Toni/One Chocolate Box
- Tracey/Still Just Us
- Kristina/Damn Ten Pounds
- Bailie/The Hemborg Wife
- Tiffany/The Fit Knitter
- Stacia/The Homey Owl
My Questions for the Nominees
- Name one reason you started blogging?
- Beach or Mountains?
- What is your Myers Briggs? If you don’t know, what is your Astrological Sign?
- Name the bravest thing you have ever done.
- What did you have for dinner last night?
- What’s your go to swear word?
- If you could take a trip tomorrow and money was no object, where would you go?
- What’s your favorite cocktail?
- What is the best book you have read in the past year?
- Heels or flats? Shorts or Skirt?
- What does your name mean in the urban dictionary? (just pick the one you want to go with)
If you do decide to participate please make sure to come back over and share your link.