Welcome to the very first Food, Booze, & Baggage’s Kitchen Confessions. What food or cooking confessions do you want to share? Here are a few of mine:
- Let’s get it straightened out, on who does the cooking in our house. P cooks about 80% of our meals. I like to say I’m the head chef, I make the menus, gather the ingredients (make the lists) and he is the sous chef, meaning he does all the work. 😉 Even when I cook the meals half the time he is chopping and cleaning after me. We do work together often and I help out while he cooks too.
- I don’t really like to cook per say. If I’m in the mood I don’t mind it but it is not something I find relaxing or enjoyable.
- Oatmeal made on the stove is WAY better than oatmeal made in the microwave.
- A good chef’s knife really makes all the difference.
- I use to eat butter straight as a child and I still overuse it on bread, pancakes…etc.
- I hate spaghetti noodles, vermicelli all the way.
- I eat spaghetti with a fork and spoon (yeah I’m fancy like that).
- I hate black licorice and avoid anything that has that description in the flavor profile
Is there anything you want to confess about your eating or cooking habits?
The Rest of The Week
Fried Zucchini + Mint and Pistachio Pesto Pappardelle Pasta: The pesto for this dish was SO good. Our zucchini did not turn out so well, and her directions are a bit off for that process because she mentions buttermilk but no buttermilk is in the ingredients list. I think grilled shrimp or chicken would pair very well with this.
General Tso’s Cauliflower: A nice vegetarian dish. Our breading did not stay on the cauliflower very well but the dish tasted just fine and re-heat well the next day for leftovers.
Creamy Broccoli & White Bean Soup: I was really surprised at the creaminess the beans brought to this soup.
Red Curry Lentils: This works very well leftover for lunch
Crockpot Curried Thai Short Rib Lettuce Wraps with Peanut Sauce + Mango Salsa (weekend): Not blown away by the flavor of the meat, but I really like the salsa with the addition of avocado and the peanut sauce was good as well.