I was so excited and stressed out when Shannon from Brass Honey nominated me for my very first Liebster award. While, I still consider myself a new blogger, at that time I was very new, and I was still getting used to interacting with other bloggers and trying to make connections. Now, just about 4 months later, I have 3 Liebster nominations and a Q&A all received within a few weeks of each other…things sure have changed. 🙂 I’m so grateful for all of the nominations, it makes me feel like I’m really making connections. Anyway, without further ado, the nominators were:
Q&A from Katie of the Hungry Goat
Liebster Award #1 from Daisy of Jetsettin Daisy
Liebster Award #2 from Amy of the Unsettled Meliorist
Liebster Award #3 from Ioniun and the Three Biscuits
The traditional Liebster is answer the 11 questions provided, provide 11 random facts, create a new list of questions, and then nominate 11 bloggers. Well, I feel like since, I’m answering a total of 40 questions, I can skip the random facts…I think you guys will get enough of me from my answers.
Questions from Katie
1. What book are you currently reading?
The Fault in Our Stars
2. If you could eat dinner with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
My mother, she died when I was young and I would love to be able to have an adult conversation with her.
3. What’s your next house/apt/condo project?
A picture frame mural wall
4. What’s your favorite place to visit?
5. If you could do anything for a living that you would automatically get the skills to do, what would it be?
That is a hard one. I think travel/food star, but I’ve always wished I had musical talent
6. What movie have you seen that was better than the book (or at least matched its greatness)?
I usually find it hard to adjust my notion of characters and thoughts to the movie interpretation. I guess Fight Club, but that is only because I read the book after the movie.
7. Go out to eat or dine in?
8. What’s in your junk drawer?
Junk…oh you want more information…stuff, odds and ends? Mostly coupons I thought I might use but are probably expired.
9. Beer or wine?
Beer but I’m not discriminatory
10. What would your super power be and why?
Flying, I mean how cool would that be
11. What are you grateful for this week?
I’m grateful every single day for my wonderful husband, who supports me in everything
Questions from Daisy
1. You walk into a bulk candy store, what’s the first thing you put in your bag?
Gummy bears or something sour
2. You only have ten minutes to make dinner (no frozen food in the house HA), what do you make?
3. What is your favorite animated movie character?
Winnie the Pooh
4. You have a free day and decided to take a roadtrip. Where do you go?
The beach or anywhere new
5. An anonymous benefactor (probably with a top hat and monocle) is gifting you with a trip anywhere you want to go but it can only be for three days (cheap generous bastard) and it has to be somewhere you’ve never been. Where do you go?
6. The same benefactor gives you a $100 bill good to use at ONE store. Where would you spend it?
7. He’s now giving you two free tickets to a concert (who is this guy). Who would you go see?
Whoever is playing 😉 or Foster the People
8. If you’re at a food court, what do you usually end up eating? Sorry, the elusive anonymous benefactor is not paying this time.
Most likely a sandwich or Mexican
9. What ten things do you always pack for an overnight trip?
Underwear, outfit for day two, t-shirt for sleeping, toothbrush, foundation, mascara, tweezers, moisturizer, shoes
10. Last gift from the benefactor- a new car (nothing fancy). What would you get?
We just got a Mini Cooper, and while I’m not much of a car person, it is fun to drive. So, I’ll go with that.
11. What is your favorite memory from this year so far?
All of them
Questions from Amy
1. If you could move to one city to live, which would it be?
2. What sparked your travel bug?
Curiosity. I’ve also wanted to see new things, to see the world.
3. Are there any cities or countries you visited that you didn’t like?
4. Favorite drink or cocktail you’ve had traveling?
That is a hard one. I was really happy we got to try all three Westvleteren on our trip to Belgium. It’s a bucket list kind of thing to be able to try all three together, they are hard to find.
5. What’s your favorite travel-related book?
The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy 🙂
6. Are you a planner or do you wing it?
Planner, all the way!
7. What’s the craziest thing you’ve eaten while traveling?
8. What’s one thing you don’t leave home without?
lip balm or my phone
9. Best tip for budgeting for travel?
I think you have to make it a priority, and find ways to cut down on your more “everyday” expenses. Forgo that lunch and coffee out everyday, cut back on cable, drive a less expensive car.
10. What was your scariest travel moment?
I can’t think of one, knock on wood!
11. Where’s your next trip taking you?
Chicago…I’m quite excited about this trip! We already have a few reservations set!
Questions from Ioniun and the Three Biscuits
1. Why do you blog?
I wrote this post about why I started my blog, the reasons still holds true.
2. What blog do you find most inspiring?
Only one! I can’t choose.
3.What did you want to be as a child?
4. What is your favorite social media?
Twitter or Instagram
5. What is a topic that you’re dying to write about?
I would like to do more on the childfree topic, I’ve felt I’ve neglected it lately
6. What is your favorite quote?
This is one I discovered recently.
“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can’t readily accept the God formula, the big answers don’t remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”
― Charles Bukowski
7. What place would you love to travel to and what would you do there?
I want to go everywhere. I’m hoping we make it to Italy next, and of course there will be lots of eating 🙂
8. What is the hardest thing you have ever done?
Finishing these questions…I joke, I joke 🙂 Probably listening to my gut, and walking around from a relationship I knew was not making me happy, even though it took me longer than it should have.
9. Where do you hope to see your blog go?
I don’t know. I’m enjoying the journey without trying to be focused on an end goal. For me it is more about developing skills as I grow the blog.
10. What are three of your future goals?
Discover my passion, start a new career path, & travel
11. What is your favorite book?
I don’t do favorites; so here are three that I really like:
- Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
- Practical Demonkeeping by Christopher Moore
- The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
I tried to pick bloggers that have not received a Liebster recently, if you have and I missed it, I’m sorry! I’m passing the Liebster award to the following bloggers (since I had 3 Leibster and only 1 Q&A). Just trying to keep it simple 🙂
- Shannon, Brass Honey (finally get to return the favor) 🙂
- The Hot Mess Express
- Dollie, Two Wooden Spoons
- Lauren, Eat Drink & Be Lauren
- Denise, A Life Less Traveled
- Katrina, The Thrifty Gypsy’s Travels
- Bailie, The Hemborg Wife
- Rachelle, Inner Loop Adventures
- Tracie, Tracie Everyday
- Jessica, The Jessica L Blog
- Claire, Somewhere Beyond The Sea
- If you could go back and change one decision in your life, what would it be?
- What’s the craziest thing you’ve eaten while traveling? (stealing this one from Amy)
- If you won a 100 million dollars, what would you do tomorrow?
- How do you order your steak?
- If you could magical change one thing about society, what would it be?
- What is one of your personal strengths? (no, this not a job interview…it only sounds like one)
- How much is too much for a pair of shoes?
- I wish _______
- If money or time was no object, what is one goal you would start working on immediately?
- Key lime pie, chocolate cake, creme brulee or fruit cobbler with ice cream are your dessert choices, which one do you pick?
- If I came to visit you, what would we do?
If you accept the nomination make sure to link back your post in the comments 🙂