I have some major news…P and I are moving to California, specifically to San Diego!! I’m freaked out and SO excited all at the same time!! Basically, I’m flipping my F-ing lid 🙂 We are thinking it will happen September (ish).
Ok, so this is going to be a short post, because my mind is fried and I cannot focus. Any recommendations on where to live, things to do, places to eat and places to drink? I know that San Diego has over 80 breweries….WHAT!!?!
Things I’m worried about (there is a million things I’m worried about but here are a few):
- How are we going to survive a cross-country road-trip in a Mini with a Lab and a kitty? Even without the animals, I’ve never driven that far before. I’m dead set on driving, I will not fly Sam. I read this terrible post about a dog dying on a plane and just will not risk it.
- Moving cross-country and all the logistics of that.
- Finding a place to live (ok this is like #1), also despite San Diego being rumored a dog friendly city, it does not seem to hold true for the rental market.
- Fitting-in, in California (actually I’m not overly worried about this, as P points out I can get along anywhere). Still.
- Moving to a city I’ve never even visited.
- Getting in shape, since I plan on living in a bathing suit half the year.
- Being cold most of the year…lower 70s does not seem warm enough to me.
Worries aside, I’m over the moon excited!! I love being able to have a new adventure and I’m so grateful for the opportunity! My mind is spinning with all the new opportunities and planning to do!
Confession: I’m writing this after 3 bottles of champagne 🙂 okay two champagne and one cava. Stop grilling me 😉