I’m back and now residing in sunny, sunny San Diego. I can’t believe how little I’ve been able to post the last few months; it feels so good to be moved and getting back to a routine. I thought there is no better way to get back into the swing of blogging than to join in for Kathy’s Humpday Confessions.
So here is just a whole lot of randomness for you:
- It’s SO SO very hot here in San Diego. All we heard from everyone is how perfect the weather is and how unusual this is…I’m melting, melting!! We were also told that storms and rain were a rarity, but not even a week in, and we experienced our first storm. Lies, lies, all lies 😉
- I’m still organizing and pictures need to be hung, but I have most of the boxes unpacked. I’m so very happy not to be surrounded by boxes!! We still have too much stuff, despite doing quite a lot of clean-out in NC.
- We ate our first meal cooked at home last night! Roasted chicken (which was a stupid choice since it was a million degrees already without the oven) and a tomato and asparagus salad. Feels good to eat at home after eating out for over 3 weeks.
- I was very proud of Eddie and Sam on our drive across the country. They both did SO well. Sam was actually excited to get into the car everyday. Eddie adjusted to the new environments with zero issues and was good in the carrier. No accidents or upset tummies either. Seriously, they acted like it was totally normal to be in the car for 8 hours everyday. I’m planning a full post on that adventure soon. It was a pretty amazing drive.
- I’m super excited to start exploring San Diego and getting to try ALL the new places!! I’ve decided to start a monthly round-up of our San Diego adventures, so be on the look out starting in October for my Discovering San Diego series. I’ve also been trying to update Instagram regularly with some of our new adventures (and by adventures I mean mostly food) 🙂
That is all for now! Bottom-line: move is over so expect to see more of me around here…you’ve been warned!