It has been a year (last week) since I started this space!?! I really can’t believe it, it certainly doesn’t feel that long. I still feel like a beginner. I haven’t been very focused on the blog in the last several months, but I’m definitely picking it back up and trying to put more energy into it. To see my progress in the other quarters:
- Did move to Genesis! Yay! I’m using the Beautiful Theme.
- I learned a little about coding and I figured out the header and a few other tweaks using code!
- Coding classes taken:
I highly recommend the Jenn Lukas’ courses to anyone who has a blog, regardless of if you plan on doing any design of your page yourself. It gave me a good understanding of how the pieces work together.
- Install better commenting system
- Invest time in learning more about the DSLR camera and photo editing (this has been on here forever!)
- Install custom pin-it button
- Learn more about coding
- Learn more about SEO and Genesis
- Link-ups participated in: Travel Tuesday, Local Adventurer, Weekly Wishes and Humpday Confessions (no longer active)
- Placed zero ads, with the move and my distraction from the blog it wasn’t a good time
- Nominated for Tour of Blogland by Allison of The Ponytail Dairies
- Continue to search out new link-up opportunities
- Continue to grow social media
- Continue to work on connecting and promoting other bloggers
- Look for other sponsorship opportunities
- Share new boards on Pinterest
- This quarter was not good for blogging, much of my energy was packing and planning for our move. I did do two posts about it though: Tips for Moving Cross-Country & The Cross-Country Drive: NC to CA
- You will see my lack of posting reflected in my numbers as well. The lesson is, posts do equal increased page views 🙂
- Work more on writing and developing voice
- Look into joining a blogging network
- Work towards banking posts
- Do more with childfree topic/connection
- Look into monetization
- Re-do About Page
- Finished my logo and social media buttons!
- Made a blog badge (it’s at the bottom of the page) and Childfree badge
- Completed theseSkillshare courses (I’ve completed all of the sessions but not all the projects):
All of the above classes are membership classes; you can take them if you sign up for the membership without having to pay per class. *All of the links for Skillshare are referral links meaning if you sign up I get a free month and you can too, I do not have any affiliation with Skillshare, this is an offer to all users.
- Have a few pictures taken of me for blogging/promotion purposes
- Finish blog re-design
- Continue working on Skillshare courses! I want to go back and finish some of the projects.
The new numbers are August 7th-November 5th. I’ve included the 1st, 2nd, & 3rd quarter figures for comparison. I’ve also included totals. I do not look at these numbers on a daily basis, honestly I should probably look at them a bit more. The numbers are the numbers good, bad, whatever…it is progress.
At the end of a year, I’m happy I started this space. I didn’t quite make the progress I had hoped, but at the same time I feel I’ve come a long way too! I’m looking forward to see how I grow this next year!
Thank you all for your continued support and for being here!!