May flew by and I kind of sucked on getting my goals checked-off. May didn’t go quite as planned and I forgot to take into account time I had already committed to other activities. I think I was a too ambitious in my May goals. At the same time I feel like I should push myself with my goals. Le sigh, let’s get to it.
- GO TO A YOGA CLASS!!
Didn’t make it out to one 🙁
- Continue video workouts and focus on 30 minute + classes. I also want to start practicing a new pose or two a week; pick a pose to work on or towards.
I did good with the 30+minute classes, but did not do extra poses. I want to do better and I only got in 3 classes a week on average.
- Go on a hike this month, if my allergies stop trying to murder me 🙂
We made it to Torrey Pines State Reserve yesterday. Pictures and more will be in my Discovering San Diego post later this month.
- Roadtrip to San Francisco
A little, mainly I pinned a lot.
- San Diego bucket list
- Work on big picture goals and develop plans of action.
I’ve started an idea journal and tried to work on some items related to those.
- Be out of bed by 6:30 a.m. during the week. I actually usually wake-up around this time, but end up laying in bed playing on my phone for 30+ minutes. I want to break that habit. Basically, I want build a better morning routine.
- Get out of the house at least once a week, during the day, while P is at work. Go to a yoga class, go to the beach, something. I really need to force myself to get out of the house on my own.
Yes, and no. I had things scheduled each week, so this wasn’t a tough on, but I didn’t really go out just to go somewhere.
- Develop a cleaning routine. I’m going to try doing a few items everyday, instead of spending several hours in one day. We will see how this works.
- Find blog to sponsor
No, any suggestions on this one?
- Reach 200 Instagram followers. I really want to put more effort into IG. I love it.
No, I gained 30 which is not too bad, I didn’t really focus on this so it was ok. I didn’t even keep up with posting.
- Go through at least 20 of my pinned articles on blogging.
Yes. I’ve been deleting pins and putting some of the idea/articles to practice even.
- 4 design projects-Not so much
- 4 Skillshare classes-YES 5+1 YouTube
I liked this one the least of many of the short photography classes. I didn’t feel she gave very much in terms of sparking creativity or instruction. It fell short, though I liked the idea behind it.
Fundamentals of Lightroom II: Editing and Post Processing by Lotus Carroll (1 hour 37 minutes)
I thought this was a very good, concise class. She went through a ton of tools. I now see why Lightroom is so valued by photographers, and I was impressed with how much fine tuning you can do with it. Very useful class if you are starting out in Lightroom.
The instructor, Kate, is very enthusiastic and captivating. This was one of those just fun little classes. I had no idea about the history of zines or all the different categories of zines. It’s an interesting class. I liked the examples she shared and prompt ideas. I’m trying to think of one to do and share.
A good little class, not overly instructional, more inspirational, but did have great tips. It inspired me to try to work with the VSCO app more, and try to take more photos through the VSCO camera instead of just using the phone camera. He did mention several apps I had not heard of: NightCap & Average Camera Pro. Both apps are for getting better pictures in low light with your iPhone.
This was an interesting class. It definitely got me thinking and had some good concepts. Her presentation felt rushed, and I thought organized a bit oddly. It almost felt like she was just throwing thought/ideas at you. It was a good casual listen. She did provide an extensive list of additional resources, which are quite helpful.
This was an interesting webinar. The host is a bit annoying, but it gave some good advice. I wished he let the guest talk a bit more. They went through a lot of advice and questions on starting as a freelancer. I liked the guest’s advice on using trial and error to get started, don’t be afraid to explore your skills and see what happens.
Classes I Did Not Finish Or Recommend
The Art of Travel Photography by Phil Ebiner (4 hours, 58 minutes)
I had this class picked out when I made my goal about travel photography, but had not started it. After 4 lessons in I had to call it and unenroll. It was not a well put together course. I couldn’t listen through 4 plus hours of it. I know I could pick up much of the same information from a few articles/posts I had pinned. I was hoping it would be more inspirational, more hands-on but he was just sitting in his parents garage presenting basic photography information in a poorly constructed format.
This was such an odd class. It was presented very weirdly, almost like if someone was asked what are your 5 top tips and they just blurted them out with no follow up or introduction. I didn’t feel like this was a very informative or inspiration class. He keeps saying take a picture but it’s suppose to be a video. I don’t recommend it.
- 1 recipe shoot (or more).
- Read/Take a class/Work on landscape/travel photography
The class I was planning on taking, did not pan out. And I just didn’t take the time to find an alternative. Photography took a backseat this month.
May 365 Project
As I said, photography took a back seat this month. I didn’t even get 31 pictures 🙁
How many fresh starts in a year? Twelve 🙂 Onward and upward as they say.
- Yoga, yoga, yoga 🙂
- Get back into the Fitbit steps game. I’ve been slacking on this, I think part of it is because the weather has been blah. Goals is 50,000 steps a week.
- Get a hike in or better yet two.
- Idea journal and plans of action
- Develop a morning routine. Get up out of bed by 6:30 am.
- Better organize use of time.
- Pick one project or action item to work on a day and schedule one or two hours just for that item.
- Recipe shoot/post
- Work on photography
- Do two design projects
- Find a blog to sponsor
- Reformat pictures on at at least 5 prior posts
What are your big plans for June? Any vacations planned?